Monday, May 2, 2011

(Oh Boy!)^2

My husband, E, and I found out pretty early that we were having twins - at 6 weeks.  Although I don't remember the exact words which were spoken at that fateful ultrasound appointment, they were something along the lines of, "are you serious?!".  E has always been the memory keeper in the family and even he was too shocked to remember the actual words we spoke that day.  So, my plan is to blog about those exciting moments during our pregnancy, so that I have something to look back to when my memory escapes me.

A few weeks ago, we reached a pregnancy milestone that many couples look forward to: finding out the sexes of our babies! We had our 18 week ultrasound, during which the tech measures every bone in the babies' bodies, checks the heart, and checks the major components of the babies' brains.  After an hour of measuring, we got a thumbs up for both babies.  We also found out that we are having two boys!
Below is great picture which truly captures our emotions at the moment we found out they were both boys: E has the broadest smile I have ever seen and I look like a deer in headlights!

Can you tell which one of us was instantly thrilled and which one took a few minutes to come around to the idea?!
We found out Nolan (Baby A, or, the lower baby) was a boy when the tech was trying to measure his hand and couldn't get a clear shot because he wouldn't let go of his wanker!  It took another excruciatingly long 45 minutes of measurements before we found out Camden (Baby B) was a boy too.

Now that I've had a few weeks to absorb all of the news, I must say I'm pretty excited about having two little men, especially if they look anything like E did as a baby:

Baby E

I also feel much better seeing firsthand that there are TONS of adorable baby boy clothes out there!

Our first purchase after finding out they were 2 boys

And, of course, there are MANY cute twin-themed ensembles to look forward to:

These cute outfits came from our good friends who just had the cutest baby girl (our boys will definitely be vying for her attention!)


No comments:

Post a Comment