Monday, May 9, 2011

Ode to My Best Friend

Dear E,

Do you remember the poem you wrote me years ago? It was during our pen pal days and it was the sweetest thing ever.  Well, last night, when you rolled over at 1:30 AM and asked what I was doing, I was finally returning the gesture. (I've decided pregnancy induced insomnia may as well be productive, rather than simply a pain in the ass) I had such a great time celebrating our anniversary this weekend that it put me in a rare lovey dovey mood. So, while it's not up to par with my DSOA writing days, I hope you enjoy the sentiment behind it. (Plus, this is a good way to check if you actually read the blog)
XOXO,
~Gossip Girl ....J/K its really me, your CP


You chased me around the playground when we were 10 years old,
I had such a crush on the new kid, but this I never told.

In high school we were sweeties, you gave me a rose, then your heart,
I didn't realize 'til later that of love this was the start.

The next 5 years were difficult, long distance was all we knew,
Through letters, videos, and web chats our love grew and grew.

On 5.6.07 we did it, we officially became E-squared,
Surrounded by friends and family, our bond we firmly declared.

Our next chapter is even more exciting, with twin "little Es" on the way,
I hope they are just like their Daddy in every wonderful way.

MWAH!

1 comment: