Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Growing Belly

When I first found out I was pregnant, I knew my body would be changing to accomodate my new "roomates", however actually experiencing the transformation has been nothing I could have ever imagined.  The biggest change has, obviously, been to my stomach.  What started out looking like a pretty respectable beer gut has transformed into a rock hard babies bump:)  I'm at the stage where people can tell I'm pregnant.  I no longer get those double takes and whispers at work, "she has a cute figure, but what is up with that gut?!" (yes one coworker actually said this!).  I still get the look of suprise and shocked response of, "OMG, you have twins in there?!" I dont know if I should take this as a compliment or an insult.  On the one hand, my body hasn't blown up to epic proportions (yet), but on the other, are they insinuating that I am doing something unhealthy to stunt the appropriate stomach size for twins?  I assure you, my doctors think my weight gain thus far is on par for a twin pregnancy.

Here is my tummy transformation so far:

Week 11 Bump

Week 13 Bump

Week 14 Bump

Week 15 Bump

Week 17 Bump

Week 19 Bump
Week 20 Bump (it's hard to see, but I gained 6 lbs in the 4 days between this photo and my week 19 photo!)




No comments:

Post a Comment